Program Coordinator Robert "Junior" Poles discussed what if offers students Monday on News 8 at Noon.
The program is a partnership between the RCSD and City of Rochester to increase minority representation in its uniformed divisions, while increasing awareness of career opportunities within the Public Safety departments like Police, Fire, 911 and Emergency Responders.
It provides training and education as part of a year long program in the classroom and in the field.
Students must meet the following requirements:
* be a RCSD student entering 11th or 12th grade in the fall
* be in good standing in both academics and attendance
* be passing all core courses
* submit a parental consent form
* submit two letters of recommendation (one from a teacher or administrator at their school/one from a community member)
* participate in the program interview
* obtain a counselor sign off to verify they are on track towards meeting graduation requirements
For more information, click here.