Sponsored by

Local Family Being Helped After Basement Fire on Dewey Avenue

The family escaped safely thank to their smoke alarm going off.

A local family is being helped after their basement was engulfed in fire just after 9 o'clock this morning on Dewey Avenue. Their smoke alarm went off and they escaped the home safely but neighbors said it was a scary scene.  Edward Koch, who lives nearby said, "It was a nasty fire there were a lot of backdrafts and it just kept on going"

The Red Cross is helping the family with food, shelter, and clothes during their time of displacement.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

News Headlines