28°F
Sponsored by

Freeman Arraigned On Murder Charges

The Rochester man accused in the deadly double shooting earlier this week was arraigned in Rochester City Court Friday.
The Rochester man accused in the deadly double shooting earlier this week was arraigned in Rochester City Court Friday.

Marcus Freeman, 26, pleaded not guilty to charges of second degree murder and attempted murder. He is being held without bail. Friends and family of the victims were in court for arraignment. Freeman did not speak. In addition to the murder charges, Judge Melchor Castro issued an order of protection for surviving victim Martin Moore, 33, and another relative. Lawyers say the relative witnessed the shooting. Freeman is accused of raping a relative of of the deceased victim back in March. He was out on bail at the time of the shootings.

"The bail was set, he returned to court; we requested that the bail be increased when our case got better but she didn't and that is absolutely within her discretion obviously," Assistant District Attorney Kelly Wolford said of Freeman's pending rape case. "No one could have predicted what happened in the days to come."

"I doubt they'll be joined together; they're two separate instances, so they won't be joined together," defense attorney Michael Schial said.

Freeman's attorney was already familiar with him, as he is representing him in the rape case. Freeman will be back in court on September 12th for a preliminary hearing.



Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

News Headlines